Sat, 29 Apr|
Laser & Solo Open Meeting 2023
West Riding Sailing Club are proud to host the Laser & Solo Open Meeting 2023. With a renowned home fleet, this is set to be a sailing event not to be missed. So if you're are thinking about heading to an away Laser and Solo Open Meeting, then this event will certainly be worth it!
Time & Location
29 Apr 2023, 09:00 – 19:00
Wakefield, Haw Park Ln, Wakefield WF4 2EE, UK
About the event
2023 LASER AND SOLO OPEN MEETING. SATURDAY 29th APRIL 2023 AT WEST RIDING SAILING CLUB.
West Riding Sailing Club are proud to be hosting its annual Laser and Solo Open Meeting on Saturday 29th April 2023. With a renowned home fleet this is set to be a sailing event not to be missed. So if you're are thinking about heading to an away Laser and Solo Open Meeting, then this event will certainly be worth it!
Racing will be open to the Laser Class and Solo Class. All sailors are welcome to race.
Races will be governed by the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
If you would like to attend this event then please email Stuart Garside at Stugar27@hotmail.com.
Registration is from 9.00am on Saturday 29th April 2023. The Laser & Solo Open briefing will be at 10.30am.
Entry fee - £20.00 per Laser/Solo. The entry fee includes Tea, Coffee, and Lunch.
To attend the 2023 WRSC Laser Open Meeting please pre-pay your fee by bank transfer to:
Account Name: West Riding Saling Club, Sort code: 05-04-14, Account No: 24367640.
IMPORTANT: Please use the reference LAApr(Name)F
Entries frees will be accepted at registration, on the day, in cash.
If you are wanting to pay on the day, please still ensure you email Stuart Garside (Stugar27@hotmail.com) to let him know you are attending the event.
FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS.
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the day.
You can purchase soft drinks and bottled water throughout the day at the clubhouse bar. Cash and card accepted.
Details of lunch will be provided to you by Stuart Garside. However, please watch this space and the WRSC website events page for lunch updates.
If you have any dietary requirements please email Stuart Garside (Stugar27@hotmail.com), and the club will be happy to accommodate them.
Please also email Stuart Garside if you have any food allergies.
Racing will be open to the Laser/Solo class.
The first race is scheduled to start at 11.00am with 3 races, one discard after the 3rd race. One race would constitute a series.
The races will be governed by the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescription of the RYA, the rules of each competing class, the sailing instructions, and the local instruction.
All competing boats should hold a valid measurement certificate, (not required for laser open) which may be required to be shown at registration, the owner should be a member of the appropriate class association.
Sailing Instructions and any local Instructions will be available at registration, plus amendments thereafter as prescribed in the Sailing Instructions.
A full copy of the 2023 Notice to Race and 2023 Sailing Instructions can be found at the bottom of the page. Please ensure you have read it.
IMPORTANT: As this is a competitive racing event please ensure that you have checked that your boat insurance policy is up-to-date before the event.
1. Car parking on-site. 2. Showering facilities on-site. 3. None racing guests are welcome, but they must arrive at registration with the main entry. If they require lunch then, please email Stuart Garside (Stugar27@hotmail.com). There will be an additional charge for lunch per guest.
If you have any further questions about the Laser Open Meeting please email Stuart Garside (Stugar27@hotmail.com).
NOTICE OF RACE - 2023 LASER OPEN MEETING
WEST RIDING SAILING CLUB - Saturday 29th April 2023
Venue: Haw Park Lane, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF4 2EE
(The Notice to Race can also be found in our Event Policy).
- Organizing Authority
The Organizing Authority shall be West Riding Sailing Club (WRSC)
The races will be governed by the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescription of the RYA, the rules of each competing class, the sailing instructions and the local instruction.
Racing will be open to the Laser and Solo class.
Entries will be accepted at registration. Entry fee - £20.00 payment by cash or bank transfer, bank transfer preferred, payment by card can be accepted. Sort code 05-04-14 account 24367640
Entry fee includes Tea and Coffee and Lunch.
Registration is from 9.00am Saturday 29th April 2023, briefing 10.30am
The first race is scheduled to start at 11.00am 3 races, one discard after 3rd race. One race would constitute a series.
All competing boats should hold a valid measurement certificate, (not required for laser open)which may be required to be shown at registration, the owner should be a member of the appropriate class association.
- Sailing Instructions
Sailing Instructions and any Local Instructions will be available at registration, plus amendments thereafter as prescribed in the Sailing Instructions.
- A boat is entirely responsibly for her own safety, whether afloat or ashore, and nothing, whether in the Notice of Race or Sailing Instructions or elsewhere reduces this responsibility.
- It is for the boat to decide whether she is fit to sail in the conditions in which she will find herself. By launching, the boat confirms that she is fit for those conditions and her crew is competent to sail and compete in them.
- Nothing done by the organizers can reduce the responsibility of the boat nor will it make the organizers responsible for any loss, damage, death or personal injury; however, it may have occurred, as a result of the boat taking part in the racing. The organizers encompass everyone helping to run the race and the event, and include the organizing authority, the race committee, the race officer, patrol boats and launching assistants.
- The provision of patrol boat does not relieve the boat of her responsibilities.
- Each boat is required to hold adequate insurance and in particular to hold insurance against third party.